Hello! I'm Daniel Masterson, a British software developer and all round nut. This site is where I'll post information about my personal projects, as well as not-very-regular blog posts about whatever catches my interest. I also plan to eventually start a series of programming tutorials for both beginners and more advanced developers.
I always enjoy working on new and interesting software projects and problems, particularly those involving graphics and sound, simulations and games. I also like working in web development - both front and backend - and I am relatively competant at artistic asset production, particularly sound effects and procedural CG art. I am currently the co-owner of Deventas Ltd which develops a range of software.
I have strong knowledge in the following fields:
- C# (Primary programming language), .NET and .NET Core for a wide variety of projects.
- C, C++ and D, favouring C++ at the moment.
- Both OpenGL 4+ and DirectX 11+, and I'm interested in learning Vulkan.
- GLSL, HLSL and Cg for various graphics scenarios.
- ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core and PHP.
- Unity 5-2018.3, Unreal Engine 3 (UDK), Unreal Engine 4 and Valve's GoldSrc and Source engines.
If you want to contact me, you can find me at these various sites:
Note: Any views expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Deventas Ltd or any other organization to whom I am employed or otherwise associated to.