Hello! I'm Daniel Masterson, a British freelance software developer and Masters student studying at The University of Hull. This site is where I'll post information about my personal projects, as well as regular blog posts about whatever catches my interest. I also plan to start a series of programming tutorials for both beginners and more advanced developers.
I always enjoy working on new and interesting software projects and problems, particularly those involving graphics and sound, simulations and games. I also like working in web development - both front and backend - and I am relatively competant at artistic asset production, particularly sound effects and procedural CG art. I am currently the co-owner of Deventas Ltd which develops a range of software.
I have strong knowledge in the following fields:
- C# (Primary programming language), .NET and .NET Core for a wide variety of projects.
- C, C++ and D, favouring C++ at the moment.
- Both OpenGL 4+ and DirectX 11+, and I'm intersted into learning Vulkan.
- GLSL, HLSL and Cg for various graphics scenarios.
- PHP and Asp.Net Core.
- Unity 5, Unreal Engine 3 (UDK) and Unreal Engine 4.
If you want to contact me, you can find me at these various sites:
Note: Any views expressed are my own and do not reflect those of The University of Hull, Deventas Ltd or any other organization to whom I am employed or otherwise associated to.